FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do Platinum members and companion get upgraded to Comfort + on international flights?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:18 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I'm trying to figure out the same thing for flights to VCE with a return from ZAG. If I fly on Delta metal as a platinum, I could get an immediate C+ seat (if available). It looks like Air France C+ seats are actually wider. If I fly AF, do I pay for their C+ seat? How would it work if I fly a KLM plane and want a C+ seat?
Air France and KLM do not have Comfort+ or "C+" which is a Delta-branded product that is only available on Delta flights.

KLM has Economy Comfort. It has 4" of extra legroom and additional recline. On some planes it is physically separated from economy giving a bit more peace and privacy. Delta PM and DM can select Economy Comfort seats for free. This doesn't always go smoothly. See here.

While KLM Economy Comfort is very similar to Delta Comfort+ they are two different products and two different brandings. Not to put too fine of a point on it, but asking for Comfort+ on KLM is like going to Burger King and ordering a Big Mac.

Air France's Premium Economy is very different from Comfort+ and Economy Comfort. It is a separate cabin with fewer seats per row, different and wider seats, different catering, dedicated FAs, and different fare booking classes. Therefore it is not sold as a seat upgrade, but as its own type of ticket. Delta elites are not eligible for upgrades to Premium Economy, nor are FlyingBlue elites. Sometimes you may receive a buy-up offer online or in their app, I've seen it for about $250 per way TATL DoD on a V fare purchased through Delta. No guarantee of this happening.