FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "upgraded" Android app as of 6 Apr 2017
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:11 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agreed that AA is dead last. However what can you expect for an airline that doesn't even do instant ticketing keying in 2017.
Hah! Experiencing this firsthand, as it's been several hours and I'm still waiting for an itinerary for tomorrow to be ticketed so that I can check-in. And I'm on attempt #4 for trying to request a refund for another ticket that just doesn't seem to stick. These features are seamless with other airlines, but better that AA spend the resources on reshuffling some icons in the app instead...

As for UA/DL I find each has their own strengths. However I wouldn't classify UA as being miles ahead of DL. You can just as easily do a SDC using DL app.
I do like some aspects of the Delta app, although I have yet to figure out SDC -- do I click the "Change" link in the Flight Details section or somewhere else? And it only seems to work before check-in, but not after? But that's why I still prefer the United app overall, it seems much more intuitive and simpler to use IMO (the big "Switch to another flight" banner helps... ).