FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:49 am
st530

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
MXP-EWR April 2

PDB

Attachment 30270

Nuts - forgot there was no wine flight offered on AM TATLs; in fact, wine is not offered at all; it's like ordering an off-cart cocktail; so I went with champagne

Name:  MXP-EWR Nuts.JPG
Views: 1772
Size:  117.7 KB

Salad-app

Name:  MXP-EWR Salad-App.JPG
Views: 1762
Size:  134.9 KB

Main - went with the lamb chops. I had high hopes for this main based on prior reviews, and the presentation looked good as it was placed on my tray.

Name:  MXP-EWR Main.JPG
Views: 1776
Size:  117.2 KB

Alas, it was a fatty, gelatinous mess. I won't call it "disgusting", a ridiculously overused word on this forum to describe perfectly edible albeit not perfect food ("disgusting" would be if they placed a bowl of, say, raw sewage on your tray), but it was not very good and I only had a few bites.

Name:  MXP=EWR Main Cut.JPG
Views: 1751
Size:  114.4 KB

Cheese - needed for a change after the lousy main

Name:  MXP-EWR Cheese.JPG
Views: 1756
Size:  102.7 KB

Sundae and macaron

Name:  MXP-EWR Dessert.JPG
Views: 1710
Size:  118.0 KB

Mid-flight snack - pretty good hot eggplant dish

Name:  MXP-EWR Mid.JPG
Views: 1721
Size:  125.7 KB

Prolly not worth its own photo but also got a bag of chips

Name:  MXP-EWR Chips.JPG
Size:  103.6 KB

Pre-arrival beverage (Greek white, I believe) which I managed to order just before the pre-arrival meal service, since UA has the perplexing and annoying schedule of offering a beverage only after they've dropped off the pre-arrival meal, and usually only when you're already close to finishing it

Name:  MXP-EWR PAB.JPG
Size:  72.0 KB

Pre-arrival meal of warm chicken with rice and cream of mushroom soup; not bad.

Name:  MXP-EWR PAM.JPG
Views: 1723
Size:  120.3 KB

All in all, aside from the lamb miss, not too bad. Incidentally, the bread basket re-emerged for both the main and pre-arrival services, but only from the crew working rows 1-5 (alas, I was in row 6; no bread basket from the mid-galley crew serving rows 6-8)