FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "upgraded" Android app as of 6 Apr 2017
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:43 am
SpeedRicer

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
Lipstick on a pig. At first glance I see zero functional and meaningful changes to the app, just a new look and feel.

Does it look nicer? Yes. Are there new useful features? None that I've noticed.

They're still embarrassingly behind the times. Personally, I look at United's app as the one that AA should be aspiring to.
Agreed on all counts. Still doesn't look like you can book flights natively in the app and I'm not sure I see any new features, let alone fixing the issues discussed here (like the codeshare seat map issue or the buggy upgrade/standby list). As mentioned earlier, many of the secondary screens still seem to be the old design. And it actually seems to run slower for me now...

The UA app is miles ahead of AA and DL. The best feature is waking up at 4 am for an early-morning flight, SDFCing myself to a later flight in the UA app in <30 seconds, and then going back to sleep...