FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:02 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JetSetC
All the convincing I need, I'll be getting the Kosher meal for the next group of DUB and AMS flights I have coming up

Out of interest, since I really have no idea, why would kosher and Indian meals be the two that would have to differ from that mozzarella and tomato plate? I may be totally clueless of something obvious, but hey, it's an opportunity to learn!
indian just because of food culture promise: the description refers to Indian tastes and spices so tomato mozzarella won't do it!

kosher because of religious requirements which are extremely strict: not only do the ingredients need to be kosher (which implies not only excluding some but also meat animals being raised and killed in a way that does not make them suffer etc, and not fed animal feed as that could be non kosher) but also prepared in kosher kitchens with separate ustensiles, fridges, and crockery for meat and dairy products etc. In practice this can only be achieved by contracting separate kosher caterers (in ba's case Hermiolis).

let us know what you think when you've tried that meal too, I personally found it really better than the standard offering, and I would have never ordered a kosher meal for lunch/dinner ce flights myself before.