FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ICN: 1.5 hours enough for immigration, baggage, customs, SIM card, and KTX boarding?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:05 pm
corbomite

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by basteagow
Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm visiting Korea for the first time in two weekends, and I'm wondering if the following is crazy or doable:

- Land in ICN on Monday at 5:00 p.m.
- Go through immigration (U.S. passport)
- Pick up one checked bag
- Go through customs (nothing to declare)
- Pick up pre-purchased SIM card (KT Roaming Center by gate 10)
- Pick up pre-purchased KTX ticket*
- Board KTX to Busan by 6:30 p.m.

(*) What I've printed looks very much like a ready-to-use ticket, but I believe it's merely a voucher I'm supposed to exchange for an "actual" ticket.

The next train is not until after 8 p.m., so I'd very much like to make the 6:30. I've already booked that one, but if you guys think this will be tough or impossible, I should probably cave in and switch to the later train now (as opposed to chancing it and having to exchange at the station, pay a penalty, and risk having no good seats).

Thank you very much in advance!
5AM is the peak time for arrivals, so the airport will be packed with a capital P. Also depending on which gate your flight docks at you are looking at a max 10-15 minute walk to immigration. I wouldn't try getting through the airport with your schedule when there is a checked bag.