FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "We're not allowed to give out bottles of water (in FC)?"
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:53 am
phazedowt

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by RunningLateAgain
Tonight I'm flying a red eye from LAS to PHL, a flight I've taken fairly often over the years. I'm thirsty and after asking for 2 or 3 glasses of ice water early in the flight I ask the FC attendant "could you please give me a bottle of water?" I've never asked before but have had the experience of numerous FC attendants just bringing me a bottle in similar situations on long flights, especially red eyes.

But this person tells me AA does not allow it. In FC? Huh? She says instead she'll stop by frequently to refill my glass. She fills it once, then now has gone at least 90 minutes without even poking her head into the darkened cabin. Turned my light on to hopefully give her a hint if she wakes up before we're ready to land. Have others experienced this policy? Times so tough for AA that 79 cent bottles of water threaten the bottom line?
As you noted, I've also had flight attendants proactively offer me the whole bottle on redeyes, as recently as a month ago. In all of those cases, though, I was the only (or close to only) passenger in F/J who was awake.