FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule change
Thread: Schedule change
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:10 am
smuDC-10

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by thistlegirl99
Hi there, avid fan of the site but don't really post much.Would be grateful for advice regarding flights I have booked for July.
I booked via Expedia (I usually book direct with BA but got a great price with Expedia...) I'm flying to GLA-LHR-PHX then the return is PHX-DFW-LHR-GLA in WTP/CE. On the return I had an hour and 45 mins to transfer at DFW but I've just received an email that the PHX-DFW leaves later reducing the time to an hour 20. I'm well aware of how long you can be waiting to disembark aircraft and was already a bit nervous with original transfer time, now I'm a bit more concerned!
I've never transferred at DFW before could someone advise if this time is doable? The booking is all with BA but this flight is AA metal. Should I phone Expedia and ask to be transferred to an earlier flight from PHX? There are other am flights but I'm wondering if they will ask me to pay a fee for changing?
Would it be worth phoning BA to see if they will change it as the schedule change originally came from them/AA? Any advice appreciated, thanks
DFW is my home airport so I fly to and thru there a lot. 1 hr and 20 minutes should be adequate for a connection. All of the AA flights from PHX to DFW currently arrive in the high gates at terminal C. Your flight to London (whether on AA or BA) will depart out of terminal D. This is no more than a 10 minute tram ride on the Skylink. As long as your PHX flight is close to on time and your gate is open when you arrive, you should be fine. I've regularly made successful multi-terminal connections with less than 60 minute layovers.

If for some reason you make it to DFW and don't make your connection, there are 2 more AA flights to Heathrow you can catch that depart after your BA flight. I also had 2 friends flying Phoenix to Austin to LHR this last December on AA then BA. Their Phoenix to Austin flight ended up being severely delayed. They would've missed their BA connection in Austin so AA put them on the nonstop BA from Phoenix. If for some unfortunate reason you have a delay, AA/BA should still be able to get you to London one way or another that evening.