FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:28 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Just had a nice stay here. Stayed for 6 nights in a beach villa. I'll make this as brief as possible.

The Island is still developing, small compared to other resorts. The food is top notch, literally the best. As for the service, it's a hit and miss. I've had problems at Alba Restaurant a couple times regarding smoking (their website explicitly says smoking is not permitted). First complain, nothing happened. On the 2nd time, it ruined by morning, I had to cancel all reservations made later as I knew I won't be in a good mood. However, credit to them, they fixed it and looks like smoking is not allowed anymore.

As mentioned above, the service is still not there yet. You will be waiting at your table for someone to notice you sometimes.

We've tried the spa and it was good. However, the noise coming for the jetty area ruins your experience (I was told that this is the most common complaint by all guests). We've also went for tennis each morning and enjoyed a 60-90 minute training session.

The villa itself was nice, a little small compared to the other resorts in the Maldives. This is where the big part comes in, the hard product is not up to par compared to other resorts I've been to (ie., Shangri La and Four Seasons Landaa Giravaruu), keep in mind that those resorts offer he same products for almost half the price. However, the I would place the St. Regis on top of the W anytime.

I obviously enjoyed my stay and looks like I'll be returning there later this year. However, if I'm paying in cash, I would look elsewhere.

Regarding what's posted in the wiki, to add to that, 10% discount on all spa treatments and 10% discount on laundry service for platinum members. Also, the great room does offer some hot meals, I took 2 burgers on my way out.

I know I might have missed a number of things, but I'm happy to answer any questions if there are any.
We have been here a day now and I dont understand your comment about the accommodation. The OWV is almost twice the size of the one we had at Rangali (and we had the DWV which them was second from top in terms of cost).

It feels hugely spacious and much better quality than Rangali. Will reserve comments on the total experience until later but I did rather wince at $600 for a light
tapas dinner with drinks at the bar last night.