FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios claim for missing points - total rip off!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:50 pm
toothpick

Programs: BAEC SILVER, AEROPLAN back of the bus
Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this.
Following your advice, I called my local BAEC toll free number and was advised to go to a web page called
www.ba.com/ecsupportingdocs
A claim for missing partner miles can be submitted there.
BUT – may I offer a couple of “preparation tips”
1. Log OUT of your BAEC account.
2. Search your e-mails to find the one that delivered your flight invoice and all details such as booking reference number and ticket number
3. Open that e-mail and do a “Save As” to the file formats that BA accepts - .pdf, .jpeg, and .png
4. Save it locally to your hard drive (or stick or network folder - you just want some backup in case you have to start again).
5. Next, there is a section in the online form that asks you to give as much detail as possible, and so, although those details are already evident in your uploaded flight invoice, it doesn’t hurt to re-iterate what it is that you are asking for in the way of missing Avios points. Do this verbiage in Word or Notes or any medium from which you can copy and then paste into the BA form.
6. Go to www.ba.com/ecsupportingdocs
7. Log in
8. Fill out the form – you will see a field that ask you why you are asking for the Avios - this is where you will paste what you wrote earlier and copied from your Word or Note text.
  1. Avios
  2. BAEC
at the bottom you’ll see a command to browse your computer and select the previously saved file of your ticket details to be uploaded. (“Open” means upload)
9. Make sure you check the “Agree Terms and Conditions” box and away you go.
You will not get an e-mail response to your BAEC e-mail account. Just a generic blowback website message that it will take up to 28 days to process your request.
I’ll keep checking my account over the next 4 weeks and will get you posted.

Last edited by toothpick; Apr 2, 2017 at 12:01 am Reason: for more accuracy in helping user fill the BA form