FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to handle getting the wrong bed type
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:56 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by round_the_world
Rate was >$300 so not a cheap room or anything. And a parlor room is the living room part of a suite. They'd sold the attached bedrooms to the suites to other guests as they were at full capacity for the night and put a cot in the living room portion and spun it as being an upgrade to a signature suite. No doubt it was a really nice living room, but that doesn't really help when you and your SO clearly don't fit on a rollaway. Anyway, wanted a real bed for the night so switched to another hotel at 3 am after not being able to confirm that I'd get my money back. Still feel I should get compensation for the hassle of switching hotels and the cost incurred to do so, just don't know what I can conceivably ask for.
And the bathroom is shared with the people who occupy the bedroom part of the suite?

I heard that exact story before: are you by chance friends with my parents, and did this happen to you in Prague in 1980? Oh, wait, no Hyatt in Prague, but apparently they use the business practices from communist Czechoslovakia

Definitely insist on them

- not charging you for the "room"
- reimbursing you for the room at the other hotel
- reimbursing you for transportation to the other hotel
- giving you adequate compensation (say, 10k points)
- offering an explanation and apology for the treatment