FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Attach Skymiles number to Flying Blue award reservation (on Delta)?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:04 pm
guitarguy19

Attach Skymiles number to Flying Blue award reservation (on Delta)?

Hello,

Long time lurker, finally had a specific question I couldn't find a direct answer to by searching the forums!

We live near a Delta hub. I'm looking at booking an award flight to HNL on Delta using Flying Blue miles (transferred from Chase UR). Very nice 15k miles for this trip...so 60k miles round trip for 2...seems like a great deal! Lots of availability when searching this route on the KLM search engine (searching seems to work much better/smoother there than on the AF site) too.

I have a Delta Gold Amex card that I could pay the fee to keep for an extra year so that I have it during these flights. (Originally we planned on using Skymiles to book this flight, I only recently found the better redemption by using Flying Blue instead.) It will cost $100 round trip to check 2 bags if we pay...and the fee is $95 so we'll come out 5 bucks ahead and get the priority boarding perk too. Seems all good.

Question is: will this work? From what I read you do NOT need to book/pay for the flight on the Delta Amex to get the benefit of a free checked bag, but you DO need to have your Skymiles number on the reservation.

Is there a way to attach my Skymiles number to this reservation instead of my Flying Blue number, even though it's a Flying Blue award flight? And...if I can attach my Skymiles number...will I be able to take advantage of the free checked bags and priority boarding?

Appreciate the help!