FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Liberty Hotel Boston [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:13 pm
mysterym

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I had a stay a few weeks ago, and feel almost exactly the same. My first stay here was perfect and I was really looking forward to coming back, but after my experience with the front desk and management on my last trip I'm not sure I'll be back.

Long story, but I convinced my company to move our group to this hotel for an annual event we have in Boston. Nothing huge, I think we had 7 rooms. The rates were prepaid, but because of the snow storm only two of us were able to make it in. My coworker arrived before me and explained the situation. They wouldn't refund the rooms (which is understandable since they were prepaid) so I told my coworker not to cancel them if they wouldn't refund them and then at least maybe we could get some connecting rooms to have more room to work and then we'd also at least get some points and night credits out of them. I arrived a couple hours later and tried to check into the other rooms and I was told they were all cancelled and there was nothing they could do to reinstate them even though they still had rooms available at that time. I said they were cancelled by mistake and since they were prepaid I would like to reinstate them. There wasn't a manager on duty so I said I'd check back. I came back that night and was then told they couldn't reinstate the rooms because they were now completely sold out. I followed up with a pretty nice e-mail laying out the facts, and requesting that they refund the rooms that were resold. I received a response that they would refund one room as a one-time courtesy. Not the end of the world, but based on the rates I saw that afternoon, they probably made at least an extra $2,000 by reselling those rooms so I couldn't help but feeling like they took advantage of us and a snowstorm to earn an extra buck.
sounds sleazy. if you contact corporate, you may have some luck especially if the rooms were re-sold. just another reason i like rates that you can cancel up until like 6pm the same day as check-in. can't always get that but nice to have.