FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:07 pm
chuck1

IAD-AMS just the other day on 767-400. Crew seemed pretty young for international.

Flying time 7 hours 20 minutes.

I was in the single seat of the 2 x 1 x 2 configuration.

It took 55 minutes for them to get the first drinks out and then it was just a cart with wine, sparking water and regular water. Anything else had to be requested and required a return to the galley.

Flight attendants from the mid galley worked rows 6-8 and those customers had their meals when we were getting our drinks in the rows 1-5 sections. They also seemed quite confused about how to divide up the middle section.

In any case, the meals came out about 1 hour 40 minutes into the flight. The cheese and port course was offered 2 hours into the flight and then I decided to recline and watch a movie. The sundae and alternative dessert selection was offered 2 hours 20 minutes into a flight. The cart looked nice but most people were out or were trying to be by now. This is way too long for a 7 hour 20 minute trans-Atlantic overnight flight.

They then put on all the lights 90 minutes prior to arrival to serve breakfast to those who wanted it. I'd say about 1/3 opted in for it. I'm not sure why this couldn't have been done just with their reading lamps or if the 767-400 has a dim setting. Other airlines seem to manage. It did wake me up and I did see a return of the pre-Polaris southwest omelette with the beans and sweet potatoes.

While I appreciate the effort, there needs to be some refinements.