View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:49 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by eng3
I couldn't find a newer thread.

I have two hotels.com nights expiring next week.
I redeemed one of the nights for a room in a month, I assume that night is safe since I redeemed it.
However, my expiration date did not change since I havent actually stayed at the hotel yet. I'm looking for a way to extend my remaining night.

According to this thread, I can just book a cheap non-refundable <$5 hotel room and no-show but that brings down the average considerably.

What if I make a booking for 6mo from now, then cancel it after I've earned another stay? Will I get my free night back? I do have another trip planned in 6mo or so, but its far too early to plan anything for that so it is somewhat legitimate.
I had several award nights that expired in an account a few weeks ago -- average value well over $400/night. I made a regular booking on hotels.com after discovering that, called up hotels.com about the expired reward nights and they reinstated the award nights -- it took less than 12 hours for them to reinstate the expired award nights and they even upgraded the account to some kind of elite status.

The booking made between the discovery of the expiration and calling up hotels.com was for a stay the following week. It seemed to have been enough to let them reinstate my nights and extend them for another year.