FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:29 am
qukslvr619

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Did another Polaris roundtrip this weekend. Seems the FA's are more polished and getting used to the service. Flew EWRDUB/DUBEWR. A couple of points:

-Not sure this is an official data point but the FA serving me seemed more than happy to do the wine flight. She said that not many people ask for it but she enjoyed being able to present the wines tableside. Which is interesting because exORD on a much longer routing the FA didn't offer it in First because she felt that the flight was too short.

-Hot towels need more water poured over them. Most of the time they hand them out 3/4 of the towel is dry when its unrolled.

-I usually love munching on nuts, but the nut mix either needs to be switched out or served cold. I think more often than not they are overcooked and become chewy.

-I miss the bread basket; granted the garlic bread is still there (albeit pre-plated) but the rolls in the basket were at least actually served warm and the pretzel rolls were good.

-The exEurope arrival service, especially on flts from UK/Ireland to EWR needs revisiting. Having a full hot entrée literally 2 hours after the main service ended is just too much food. A lighter cold option is offered, but perhaps a sandwich our a wrap (like the BF flights used to have) would be better suited.

-Perhaps they did it for consistency between 2-class/3-class, but the previous BF linen/silverware/china being set by the FA seemed much classier vs a tray setup where everything is just on the tray.

-I have mixed feelings about the mimosa/blood mary cart. I think its a nice touch on longer flights, but on shorter flights especially those that leave later in the morning, more pax seem to be making individual drink requests for things other than mimosas or bloody Mary's.