FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska ditching Virgin's great first class
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:18 pm
ptownca

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Service and culture won't be awful. All 1500 of us VX flight attendants will be over at AS providing the same great service we always have, including the hundreds who are in initial training this year. And I think you'll see AS amp up its First Class food offerings to more closely reflect what VX has been offering. AS knows they'll have to keep some of the VX service alive in order to stay competitive. Don't write us off until you've seen what we do. We are all really excited
Yes, and I have heard the same from many VX crew that I know. Some of them are the original class of VX FA's.

Both AS and VX crews are usually good to excellent. The best FA I have experienced in 35 years of flying is from VX.

Where AS needs to step up even in its new form is IFE and seats. The AS Recaros in all Y seats are awful for more than 2 hours, where VX Y was always comfortable even with a transcon.

Also, AS needs to be sensible in pricing. I just did SEA>BOS via SFO in B6 Mint. It was less than an a AS non stop. B6 Mint is really hitting the sweet spot and I would not hesitate to go with that in SEA for any other alternative from SEA when it comes online this year.

I'm saying this as a very loyal VX customer, who drove past OAK and SJC, paid insane parking rates, just so I could fly VX.