FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - revisiting Baltimore | Sagamore Pendry and FS
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:45 am
LM225

Glad you had a nice stay in Baltimore, David. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm happy that they chose a decor style that's very much of the place. It looks like this will provide a very stark contrast to the Four Seasons; not that the FS is bad, but there hasn't really been anything in Baltimore available for those looking for a more boutique/casual luxury option.

(There is, of course, The Ivy, which appears to be a solid boutique luxury offering, but IMO the location surrounding the hotel hasn't yet caught up to the hotel's/city's ambitions.)

To add a bit more context on the big difference in the locations, the FS is tucked into a corner of Harbor East that's surrounded by water on two sides, and a pocket of the neighborhood that's relatively quiet at night on the others. It's still very, very easy walking distance to very good restaurants (Cinghiale & Charleston) and you can certainly get a nice walk in along the water.

The Sagamore Pendry, on the other hand, is smack in the middle of one of the livelier streets in a very lively neighborhood, especially if you're into bars and nightlife.

Did you notice any street noise later at night from your room?

While I won't be staying there, they picked a great location to cater to a demographic that still wants to party.

Originally Posted by DavidO
There's even a place called Insomniac Cookies, their triple chocolate chunk cookie being soft, chocolate, and gooey — I ate one in the name of research! Fells Points has a lot of character and seems like a fun place to spend some time.
Some other places to try around there (that aren't national chains ) are Pitango Gelato, Ekiben and Peter's Inn. I'm sure FlyingDoctorWu and DSI know of others I've missed.