FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL One offer
Thread: DL One offer
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:48 am
flying_donkeys12
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Wink DL One offer

Was checking in for Atl-Lhr (DL metal) I have never received an offer to upgrade to first on an international flight. Go to check my wife in who is a general member and she gets an offer. This was T-24 and I went to recheck myself in and nothing. Do the same on her reservation, offer still there. Just tried again this morning for myself and no offer. Check my wife in again, offer still available and it has switched from use money to use money or miles. What has me perplexed and a bit peeved is the fact that I was always informed that Delta would rather fly Delta one with open seats than "dilute" the experience for those that paid the fare. The part that has me a bit mad is why wasn't I offered the upgrade as a platinum medallion? If this is how it is going to be to pad the bottom line then so be it, at least give your loyal flyers the offer. Now to address any comments that it may have been the fare difference, it was not. The offer was for $799. We had paid $459 and when I inquired about upgrading with miles/money few days before the flight I was told 11k per person one way! I spoke with Delta phone agent who had no answers just a few empty apologies as to why it was only offered to my wife even though flight is showing 4 open DL one. Has anyone ever been offered to buy up to DL one on international flights, or is this the beginning of something new and not so wonderful (only if you have status)