FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK Inter-Terminal Connections (consolidated)
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:35 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blumie

That is not what sbm12 said and is not accurate. Although I haven't done it, I'd be very surprised if you could not recheck bags to carriers that operate out of other terminals if they are already properly tagged. The problem here is that the OP is flying a separate carrier on a separate ticket, and the folks at the recheck counter likely will not be able to check the OP in for his DL flight and print luggage tags. But if, when the OP checks in for his QR flight, QR has the capability of "pulling" the DL reservation and tagging the bags all the way through to his final destination, then dropping them at the T8 baggage recheck counter might work.

[Edited to add: OP, if your're able to bring the bags with you over to DL, that will minimize the possibility of them getting lost in transit. Anytime you have to rely on the airlines to deliver your bags to another airline, especially in another terminal, it increases the odds of them getting lost. Which doesn't mean that you won't get them back, but it could be a big hassle if you're without your bags for a day or two. I personally would try to bring them over to the DL terminal if I could.]
My bad, I just reread the OPs post and you and sbm are correct, for some reason I missed where the OP said they were on different tkts

And agree even if there was a way to drop off and recheck the bags @ T8, its alot better taking them myself to T4 or T2 to make sure they get there and make my flight