FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Recommendations for 5 nights in Hawaii?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by sukruthp
So, i typically like to relax in the room with an awesome view or on the beach with a cocktail, or a beautiful scenic drive. Would also love to hit bars nearby that have good views and sunsets if possible. This wouldnt be too much of a sightseeing tour to be honest, just want to relax and de-stress. Maybe a spa treatment or two as well.

I do see about 60% of the time spent in the resort, which is why i am looking for resorts with great rooms with good service and good food.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I was at the Grand Hyatt two weeks ago and think it might be what you are looking for.
Originally Posted by Mary2e
It really sounds like the GH Kauai fits all those requirements. We go there knowing it is to relax and chill out a few days before moving to another island.
Originally Posted by Vaucluse
This, GH Kauai is awesome to spend 60% of your time. The other 40% can be spend driving around the island.
I'm seeing a trend here.

Do keep other options open but having just spent five days and four nights at the GH with a similar agenda, my memory is pretty fresh. There's also something to be said of taking advantage of hard-earned hotel elite status and saving $60-$100 a day in breakfast and snacks (via lounge access) and getting higher priority for room and suite upgrades.