Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Hawaii
Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendations for 5 nights in Hawaii?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Recommendations for 5 nights in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Guys. I have decided on Maui for my 5 night trip.

In terms of hotels, i have shortlisted the following:

1. Andaz Maui
2. Sheraton Maui

Can you please advise on the following:

a) Should I get a package (eg. Costco) for these hotels including the car and flight and hence not get any points or should i pay $$ extra and book directly with the hotel

b) Which hotel from the above 2 have a better ocean view from their rooms?

c) Which hotel has the better dining options?

d) If i book through a Costco package or some other package, would i still get diamond benefits such as free breakfast in Andaz Maui?

Thanks and Regards,
Sukruth Pillarisetti
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by sukruthp
Thanks Guys. I have decided on Maui for my 5 night trip.

1. Andaz Maui
2. Sheraton Maui

a) Should I get a package (eg. Costco) for these hotels including the car and flight and hence not get any points or should i pay $$ extra and book directly with the hotel

d) If i book through a Costco package or some other package, would i still get diamond benefits such as free breakfast in Andaz Maui?

Thanks and Regards,
Sukruth Pillarisetti
The Andaz and the Sheraton are on different parts of the island - Andaz is in Wailea, while Sheraton is in Lahaina. I haven't stayed at either, but having eaten dinner at the Andaz multiple times, the answer to c) is simple...the Andaz has much better food. Wailea in general has excellent dining options that will be better in quality than what you will find pretty much anywhere else on Maui (IME).

Regarding ocean views - you are going to right on the ocean with either, but in Wailea, you will be able to see the ocean set against the western part of Maui. It's really a matter of personal preference; both will be great, but I have preferred the view from Wailea/Kihei vs. that in Lahaina.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:18 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by sukruthp

1. Andaz Maui
2. Sheraton Maui

Thanks and Regards,
Sukruth Pillarisetti
Isn't the Andaz going to be a step above the Sheraton in terms of quality? We normally stay at the FS down the way and like Wailea a lot. We've eaten at the Andaz's restaurant and it's a very nice property. But the Lahaina area has a lot to offer, as well. With respect to the points etc., you'll have to determine what's worth it to you. Frankly I'd pick Andaz over Sheraton for the hotel alone, especially since you have top Hyatt status.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by nnn
Isn't the Andaz going to be a step above the Sheraton in terms of quality?
One would think. Both are actually among my least favorite hotels on Maui.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:44 pm
Suspended

I'd pick a venue in Maui. If you decide on Wailea, there really are no bad choices, between the FS, Andaz, Fairmont Kea Lani, and Grand Wailea, and the newly redone Marriott might also make the cut. As far as Kaanapali is concerned, IMHO, the Sheraton is just another place, not any better than the Westin, Hyatt, or Marriott Ocean Club.

Also, don't short change Kapalua. It might be the nicest part of Maui of all - especially if you go during the dry season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.