FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX 2017 Terminal Move: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:26 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by serfty
Not really; however, the bus seems strange.

Check-in/departure? ok, the landside walk from check-in increases from about 100 yards to 300. Maybe the bus relates to airside transits from DL to VA.

Arrival/Customs? Can't see why a bus would necessary when there is a perfectly good CBP area at TBIT - you still end up landside.

The better news is that VA Platinums (top level) will get to use the EK lounge at TBIT while business passengers and VA Golds will use the EY lounge. I presume DL elites would have EY access when on VA metal.

http://newsroom.virginaustralia.com/...operations-lax
The info linked to above on the LAX airport website shows that VA will move checkin to T2 and that while the plane will arrive and depart from TBIT, that they'll be bussed to/from T2. I don't get why they would do that on arrival. TBIT has round the clock CBP available while T2 is only at certain hours. However it's what is listed as going to happen. Hopefully it's an error and the person typing didn't understand that VA would clear at TBIT upon arrival.

I was happy to see VS is starting a third daily flight. I'm curious what timing it is at.