FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (child) rollaways in SPG properties
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:21 pm
The Wolf

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
(child) rollaways in SPG properties

Sorry for opening a new thread, couldn't find any specific on this topic.

I'm a bit confused regarding booking a room for 2 adults and one child.

I was looking at hotels in Madrid and found a reasonable rate which I can pay with points.

In the terms and conditions it states:

Extra Charges
Note: At this hotel guests 12 and under are considered children. All other guests are considered adults.

Extra rollaway: No charge
Child rollaway: USD 53.70 per rollaway/per night.
Crib: No charge

Note: not all rooms may be able to accommodate rollaways or cribs. Please contact the hotel directly for more information.
Family Plan Policy
Children who are 12 or younger sleep for free in the existing bedding of a room shared with a paying adult. Rollaways, child rollaways and cribs may incur extra charges.

This all is a bit contradictory to me.

1) why is an extra rollaway 'no charge' and a child rollaway USD 53,70 per night? Is this because when searching for a room for 3 adults, I am getting king/queen/2 single bed with a 70 USD extra person charge, and the rollaway is included in that charge?

2) It mentions that children under 12 sleep for free in the existing bedding of a room. I suppose this is only valid when a single parent sleeps in a room with a child? I am not seeing that option, I am being automatically charged a child rollaway. Not that I plan of squeezing my 11yr old in between my wife and myself, but just curious how this is to be understood.

Thanks!