FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ICN-BKK TG659 First Class?
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:48 am
agjil

Originally Posted by stargold
The change to 744 takes effect on 2 May 2017.

Proper F class inventory is loaded on the flights, and TG has filed an F fare for the route, so I'm not sure why it doesn't appear when you search.

Either way, it looks like they intend to operate F when it switches over to the 744 (unless they change their mind last-minute, which would be far from surprising). I would book O class without worrying about whether you will get to fly F.
The weird thing is that when I search for ICN-BKK-ICN, F is sold only on the BKK-ICN segment, and when I search for just ICN-BKK, F is not being sold at all. (for cash bookings)
However, when I search for BKK-ICN-BKK, F is sold on both BKK-ICN and ICN-BKK.

So it looks like for cash bookings F is not available on the ICN-BKK segment when the ticket is originating in ICN for whatever reason.

Funnily enough, when using miles, F is bookable on a one way ticket for ICN-BKK, so I booked it just now.

I really hope I won't get TGed under this strange situation.

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
It is bookable in F using the multi-city tool, even though return/one-way booking in F (ex-ICN) is not possible.

I alerted the local Seoul office of this peculiarity some months ago, and they were aware if it, noting the 'problem' was with HQ in Bangkok.

The 744 has ben used on and off for the past 4 months. I flew ICN-BKK in J in early Feb and wondered the same - would the F cabin be avilable with J service? Checkin and crew told me no. However there were no F pax outbound.

Price for a standby upgrade was outrageous for this 5 hour flight, so I didn't pursue this possibility.

Cherrs TK
Yeah I observed the same strange results as you did.
I just booked a one-way award ticket for ICN-BKK in F, and I am not able to pre-book an F meal.
TG's website errors out saying there are no meal options loaded.
It sounds like TG's reservation system was not properly updated to handle F reservations on this route.
I hope I don't end up with just a seat in F and everything else with J class standard...