FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:28 am
A1pax

Originally Posted by danger
Yes, Australia to LHR via DOH QR-QR is one award (without a stop, of course).

And yes, almost certainly phantom availability. American has had this issue with QF seats for many months and it's very frustrating. I'm in contact with someone at AA's technical department about this. If you would like to post or PM me the dates I will provide it to them as further proof.
Thanks, danger, for confirming that Australia to LHR via DOH on QR-QR is one award. You are absolutely correct, as I have just finished booked an award flight for hubby - he goes back to Oz each year to visit his mother in a nursing home. We have been looking at sale fares but they always black out the period from around 15th December to 10th January. The one way itin for hubby at the end of December is syd doh cdg lhr (the last one with BA) for 115K aa miles in F (club euro with BA) plus taxes around £120. Hubby was happy with this outcome as it would require more miles with EY.

Before booking the above, we saw on aa website syd hnd with QF then hnd lhr with BA but nothing stuck when I tried to book online. The dates were around 29th to 31st December. If you search those dates for syd to lhr, you will find the flights I mentioned. There were also flights with QF and BA via PEK and PVG, but they required an overnight stay so we scrapped them.