FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:08 pm
HaikoW

Programs: EK Platinum, FB Ulti PFL, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire RA
IC Dubai Festival City

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, the property is comfortable, only 10-mins from the airport and the staff are great

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe King room on company rate and got upgraded to Executive King Creek room on 12th floor, which is one of the lower floors of the hotel and club access.

How are the rooms?
Good size room with king bed, sofa, chair and small round table. Bathroom with bathtub/walk-in shower, two sinks and separate room with toilet and bidet.

How is the exec. lounge?
I checked in after 9pm and left before 630am so was not able to use the lounge.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Two gift wrapped gifts and fruits.

How was the mini-bar.
Very well stocked with mini's from Remy Martin, Bombay Sapphire, Bacardi, Johny Walker black label and Grey Goose, white wine, rose wine, juices water and soft drinks.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
All staff at this property are very good and made me feel very welcome. Like the bed and pillows. Good minibar. Short trip to/from the airport. Something went wrong with my airport pick-up, but the next morning they had found out what went wrong and put measures in place to prevent this from happening again. Like I said, great staff.

Bad
Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
This is not a cheap property and if value for you means a suite, make sure you don't book a DeLuxe room as since the beginning of this year this no longer will get you a suite (in the past I always had a suite regardless of room type booked). If you value customer experience and great staff this definitely is a great property.

Would you return?
With the new upgrade policies for RA I think I would stay here for a short stay, for longer stays I probably would use one of the Dubai SPG properties as they guarantee suite upgrades and lounge access for Platinum

Last edited by HaikoW; Mar 19, 2017 at 7:48 am