FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA: CAI-SEA/KOA/HNL/OGG 2400EUR OW in F (Creative Routing Possible)
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:33 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Keter
From what i see if i model on ITA its nowhere an UP fare, its a differential pricing:

This kind of pricing may lead to very interesting results if airline allow it without fully understanding this step. I recently got free J segments on SU (with just higher YQ paid compared to my premium eco fare) - but after this SU prohibited differential pricing for Y and W fares.

The sister AA J fare can also be used for differential pricing but I am not able to to get anything interesting. These construction rules are not even stated in international tariffs/ conditions of carriage. Somewhere else, very deep inside.

This is the reason also why only BA TATL is permitted for the discussed fare. Its a BA fare and TATL must be BA coded flight (the metal may be further restricted by fare rules), otherwise it will not price.
I am new to differential pricing, can you please explain a bit about what is going on here?

BTW- I was able to get CAI-DOH-JED in QR F and then JED-LHR-SEA BA F and then AS F to HNL, prices for $3100. Is it just JED that brings differential pricing into play?

Last edited by stephem; Mar 17, 2017 at 11:19 am