Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: CAI-SEA/KOA/HNL/OGG 2400EUR OW in F (Creative Routing Possible)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

This fare is sort of interesting. It's basically a fully flexible J-up fare that can include F segments on long-haul BA routes.

Here is the fare code: Carrier BA J1MEOW CAI to SEA

British Airways (BA) J1MEOW CAI to SEA
General notes
BUSINESS UNRESTRICTED FARES J
Between AREA 1 and AREA 2 FOR ONE WAY FARES
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.
Category 9: Transfer restrictions
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT
FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE
FARE COMPONENT.
Category 10: Combinability
SINGLE/DOUBLE OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS NOT
PERMITTED.
ADD-ONS PERMITTED.
END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE POINT OF COMBINATION.
Category 12: Surcharges
A SURCHARGE APPLIES.
NOTE -
E-TICKET IS MANDATORY ON ANY JOURNEY WHICH
E-TICKETABLE HOWEVER IF A PAPER
TICKET IS REQUIRED THEN EGP200.00 APPLIES.
Category 12: Surcharges
THE PROVISIONS BELOW APPLY ONLY AS FOLLOWS -
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR IB.
OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR AA.
OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR AS.
OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR QF.
OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR AY.
FOR TICKETING ON/AFTER 01APR 14
THE PROVISIONS BELOW APPLY ONLY AS FOLLOWS -
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR US.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR TRAVEL.
AND - ORIGINATING MIDDLE EAST -
A SURCHARGE OF USD 554.00 PER DIRECTION WILL BE ADDED TO
THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR TRAVEL.
Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR BD.
TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY ELECTRONIC TICKETING.
OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON BA OR IB.
TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY ELECTRONIC TICKETING.
Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN ARGENTINA/VENEZUELA/NIGERIA/
ANGOLA.
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.
Category 16: Penalties
NOTE -
NO PENALTIES UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
REFUND WITHOUT PENALTY PERMITTED AT ANY TIME
UNLIMITED CHANGES WITHOUT PENALTY PERMITTED
AT ANY TIME.

So based on ITA one possible routing is CAI-JED on SV and JED-LHR-SEA on BA. The itinerary can be extended to reach some airports in Hawaii with free stopovers at LHR/SEA. All booked into J/F full fare codes.

According to Alaska's revised earning chart on BA, F earns insanely 500% of base miles... If you manage to secure a trip with BA on most long-hauls and AS on US domestic routes, the trip earns roughly 50K-60K Alaska miles. That's a good reward.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...h-airways.aspx

Last edited by Bombardier; Mar 16, 2017 at 4:54 am Reason: Typo in the title
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How would you search for these fares?

I tried CAI-SEA and CAI-HNL with " / f ..J1MEOW " in the advanced routing codes field, but get no results.

Edit: I also tried with " / f .CAI+SEA.J1MEOW " - no results for that query either.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How would you search for these fares?

I tried CAI-SEA and CAI-HNL with " / f ..J1MEOW " in the advanced routing codes field, but get no results.
https://www.google.it/flights/?hl=en...OGG0AS831;sc=f

JED-LHR can also be on BA.
Use bookwithmatrix.com and it's bookable on priceline
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks!

SV is the only downside here... :/

Edit: Oh, and it's a one-way fare. I didn't see that earlier.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Nice fare! And SV is perfectly fine in first or business. Just think of it as a holiday from alcohol.

The bad part is arriving in SEA and connecting directly to that 6 hour flight on AS in an upright seat. That would be unpleasant. I'd try to see if I could spend a day in Seattle to rest before that leg.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Nice fare! And SV is perfectly fine in first or business. Just think of it as a holiday from alcohol.

The bad part is arriving in SEA and connecting directly to that 6 hour flight on AS in an upright seat. That would be unpleasant. I'd try to see if I could spend a day in Seattle to rest before that leg.
You can route CAI-JED-LHR-DFW-HNL to get DFW-HNL lie-flat.

I'm pretty sure this allows routing on any other carriers in J, but seems like you can get F on SV.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by nkvuong
You can route CAI-JED-LHR-DFW-HNL to get DFW-HNL lie-flat.
How much is the round trip routing for the above itenirary?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
How much is the round trip routing for the above itenirary?
i dont have time to price out but there is a corresponding RT fare of that fare basis. Base fare of OW is US$2195 and RT base is US$3376.

BTW, there are NO flight restrictions and unlimted transfers permitted, so all you need to do is stay with MPM. These can be interesting, too bad it is ultimately a J cabin fare and the -up is only for BA metal.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by stephem
i dont have time to price out but there is a corresponding RT fare of that fare basis. Base fare of OW is US$2195 and RT base is US$3376.

BTW, there are NO flight restrictions and unlimted transfers permitted, so all you need to do is stay with MPM. These can be interesting, too bad it is ultimately a J cabin fare and the -up is only for BA metal.
From what i see if i model on ITA its nowhere an UP fare, its a differential pricing:

D JEDHNL M 0.01 NUC 2297.10
This kind of pricing may lead to very interesting results if airline allow it without fully understanding this step. I recently got free J segments on SU (with just higher YQ paid compared to my premium eco fare) - but after this SU prohibited differential pricing for Y and W fares.

The sister AA J fare can also be used for differential pricing but I am not able to to get anything interesting. These construction rules are not even stated in international tariffs/ conditions of carriage. Somewhere else, very deep inside.

This is the reason also why only BA TATL is permitted for the discussed fare. Its a BA fare and TATL must be BA coded flight (the metal may be further restricted by fare rules), otherwise it will not price.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: free agent in the air; HY/HH Diamond; orphan points here/there
Lightbulb Another routing

Have been playing with this to try to kill as many birds with the same stone and found this routing for ~$3100 one way: CAI-JED-LHR-SEA-DFW-HNL (or OGG). Still playing with dates for layovers everywhere.

MANY thanx to OP -- it's a dream fare for AS re-qualifying/banking scads of miles! ^
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Keter
From what i see if i model on ITA its nowhere an UP fare, its a differential pricing:

This kind of pricing may lead to very interesting results if airline allow it without fully understanding this step. I recently got free J segments on SU (with just higher YQ paid compared to my premium eco fare) - but after this SU prohibited differential pricing for Y and W fares.

The sister AA J fare can also be used for differential pricing but I am not able to to get anything interesting. These construction rules are not even stated in international tariffs/ conditions of carriage. Somewhere else, very deep inside.

This is the reason also why only BA TATL is permitted for the discussed fare. Its a BA fare and TATL must be BA coded flight (the metal may be further restricted by fare rules), otherwise it will not price.
I am new to differential pricing, can you please explain a bit about what is going on here?

BTW- I was able to get CAI-DOH-JED in QR F and then JED-LHR-SEA BA F and then AS F to HNL, prices for $3100. Is it just JED that brings differential pricing into play?

Last edited by stephem; Mar 17, 2017 at 11:19 am
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I am new to differential pricing, can you please explain a bit about what is going on here?

BTW- I was able to get CAI-DOH-JED in QR F and then JED-LHR-SEA BA F and then AS F to HNL, prices for $3100. Is it just JED that brings differential pricing into play?
Actually you question made me think and now i understand it better, so I shall thank you!

Price differential is explaiend in IATA ticketing manual (USD 150 or sometimes older editions can be found on the web...). Section 2.28.8.

The logic is that if differential pricing is permitted, then you can pay just the difference in fares for the sector(s) where you have higher class compared to that your base fare covers.

So, in case with SV we have the following fare calculation:

CAI SV X/JED SV X/LON BA X/LAX UA HNL 5M 2297.09J1MEOW D JEDLAX M 0.01 D LAXHNL M 0.00 NUC 2297.10 END ROE 18.060750 XT 22.10EG 1.00EQ 2.80JK 25.00QH 8.30XK 0.60XL 4.00E3 23.20IO 38.50UB 5.50YC 7.00XY 3.96XA 18.00US 5.60AY 236.00YQ
The fare calculation says we have 2 differentials. One is for JED-LAX and the other for LAX-HNL. Both are exteremely cheap

Now if i look into EF i dont see any J and F fares (same RBD required) with such a difference, so i still need to understand more how it works.... J fare JED LAX is USD 8,520 and F fare for the same route is USD 8,171. Possible the calculation is using some local fares ex JED that EF does not show. I have no idea.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT

Is the the first entry point into the states has to be SEA or any other entry point can be chosen like SJC or DFW or LAX?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: CO, BA, AA
can anyone get something like this to book? google flights prices it, but the link through AA is returning an error:

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=b;px=2,1;eo=e

google is showing 2 adults and 1 child for $5500 USD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.