FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Flight Costs ex LHR
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:48 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by steveben53
Oh bye the way, because I am staying on HK for 12 days, I will be checking two bags
corporate-wage-slave has explained the basic logic behind choosing the back-to-back turnaround. I will only add that we have had experience of following - in real time - the angst of someone who thought that it was better not to do the back-to-back, and who found that their outbound flight from LHR was delayed for so long that they were likely to miss their return flight to LHR (potentially rendering their long-haul ticket toast).

Have you done your research into what you're going to do with your bags? Are you taking them with you to AMS and collecting them there? If so, have you thought about what happens if your LHR-AMS is 3 hours late, and it takes you 45 minutes to collect your bags at AMS and get up to the check-in desk to check them in for your AMS-LHR-HKG? What are you going to do then?

Many people have walked this path before you, and there's a lot of collected wisdom on this topic here. There's no reason why you shouldn't use these tickets; but when FTers offer you advice, it would be a good idea to listen as it is better if you know what you're doing when you buy them. It may pay to do your research in the sense of finding the cheap ticket to begin with - but at that point your research has really only just started, not finished.