FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - URGENT: Missed connection BA27--KA824 (LHR-HKG-CTU)
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:37 am
cysyuen

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh dear, poor you, this isn't good. The 500 gates are a real pain, and yes you do need to leave the Pier (!) well, well before 40 minutes, the layout is completely against using that lounge for those gates. Something you now know.

There is a strong risk the rest of your ticket is now auto-cancelled. You best try to get the Dragonair agent to put a comment in the PNR, to say you got held up inside the airport. Then get yourself to CTU at your own expense. What happens next depends on how well the computers talk to each other, and I don't know whether it's best to ring up BA and ask them to reinstate CTU onwards (assuming it's a 125 ticket) or just turn up and see if it all works. On balance I think it is best to call, even if the answer is "sorry no" then at least you know where you stand. You could leave the call until you've tried OLCI on Cathay, which is 48 hours.

If not - insurance?
I used Amex to book -- will it help?

On BA phone atm -- she says someone is on.my PNR but I don't know who is on it. Probably someone in airside -- what should I do?

I am pushing to have BA rebook HKG-CTU btw