FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:43 pm
wwongo

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Well, there's a bit of difference between overselling aircraft and overselling lounge access.

Airlines are encouraged by fines to minimize (optimize) actual oversell situations. Do you want regulations for lounge access? If AS doesn't let you in, PP has to give you $20 for food/drink at an airport restaurant?

What's your solution?
I would be happier with just restricted hours for priority pass rather than putting a sign up. At least then I would know not to try and to go to the
Amex lounge or get in line at Starbucks etc, if I was there during peak hours. The Air France lounge at IAD restricted their priority pass hours so that it is now useless for the AS flight but at least I know not to slog over there.
Another solution would be that AS could break ties with Priority Pass and up their food offerings and then I would probably buy a membership but as it is now a crowded lounge with bad food is not worth it to me.