FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:11 am
carnarvon

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Lounge CDG 2D : time for action

Hi everyone,

Here is the update.

The case was escalated to a supervisor who just called me.

She confirmed that no guests were allowed (after speaking with the lounge receptionist), but she was not able to say why.

She was quite frank and said it was:

- either a cost cutting exercise on the part of AF
- or an error in the contract where AF did not specify that guests were allowed.

I told her I hoped it was the (former) latter, but in case it was AF's decision I wanted to voice my discontent because I expect to receive the same service on the part of AF as long as I am holding an AF ticket for an AF numbered flight, irrespective of who manages the lounge.

I pointed out the examples you gave me (GRU, DUS, BCN etc) as well as my own (2D prior to Sheltair management, HEL, AGP, MAD etc.) and said this kind of lottery was not pleasant.

If 2D is the only third party lounge not accepting guests, it would be particularly bad as AF was virtually operating from 2D with numerous code share agreements with many airlines.

I added that sometimes one would fly out with one airline and back with AF (and vice versa) would expect a consistent level of service.

I finished by saying that the LEAST AF could do is to make it clear to their elite PAX at time of purchase that the level of service is degraded and one should not expect the usual benefits of FB Elite+.

She concurred and said she would escalate the remark/complaint and would let me know.

If many of us take the time to contact AF with the same complaint/remark, we may see AF address the issue. @:-)

Last edited by carnarvon; Mar 3, 2017 at 5:34 pm Reason: Changed "former" into "latter" after reading NickB's spot on remark in his below post