FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:03 am
davevt98

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yes, the mid tier status (Explorist) is really not terribly compelling compared to Marriott and Hilton, especially when considering what it actually costs for (US) customers to acquire the status. I am Explorist this year because I had 35-ish nights (but only 10-ish stays) last year, but I am not going to renew. Might actually have to check out that El Mangroove property; we have had Costa Rica on our to-do list for ages.
Just confirmed directly with the hotel that breakfast is included. Additionally, we had wanted to go to the Andaz for the breakfast and complimentary kids clubs. El Mangroove also offers complimentary kids club and free breakfast. Rooms are also all suites.

The more I look into this, Hyatt's failure to provide free breakfast may actually work out in our favor as it makes our decision much easier. El Mangroove also appears much closer to restaurants and activities.