FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:34 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by rigel
Called and applied the DSU to a C+P stay. The entire call was less than 5 mins.
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Called in a half hour ago to apply diamond suite upgrade to c+p november stay. They were unable to confirm w hotel (surprising since its reg hours in europe entry level suite availabke for €). Hope to get confirmation. Last year only used 1SU.
Called in 20 minutes ago for C+P suite upgrade, also for Europe. Got a nice person in the off-shore (off-hours) reservation center, after about a two minute hold. At first I was told that while upgrades were available for my dates, that they could not be applied to a C+P reservation. I pushed back gently, was put on hold while a supervisor was consulted, and after another minute or two was told that it was a system problem -- that I was eligible and that they would re-book or somesuch with the C+P rate to get around the (temporary?) computer glitch.

This all happened reasonably swiftly, and intelligently, and although I am still unable to get onto the WoH website, I did get a Change e-mail that states, clear as a bell, the appropriate suite upgrade and the original C+P rate. This was a pleasant surprise, because back in the good old days (yesterday and before), it was not unusual for these Change e-mails to show (worrisomely) a different price, and you had to either wait it out or call back in to get the suite-upgraded reservation to show the original (pre-suite) price.

Color me impressed. Pity that the WoH does not have hotels where I am three weeks a year, else I would be making the effort to re-qualify as Globalist. (The CSR said "Globalist" so soothingly that it made my defenses melt.) But it doesn't, and I thus will fade out after this so-far restful Globalist year.