FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2017]
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:31 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PegV420
Had an absolutely filthy plane flying home last week Honolulu - Newark. took pictures of the food all over the floor, filthy trays, etc. I was first offered a $75.00 E Cert and now they say I can have 5000 miles instead. Neither seems like a great option. I am horrible at figuring out which is the better value. Which should I take or should I push the issue and if so to whom? We are not talking about crumbs on the floor but whole chunks of food.
They usually price the miles at 2 cents each for these offers - so it would typically be $100 or 5000 miles. So in your case, the miles offer is relatively higher and I would take it. That said, it still depends on which you will be able to make better use of. Some of us are better able to use the miles than others.

UA does a terrible job of cleaning its aircraft, that's actually the biggest reason I fly *A partners when I can. If I were going to push this issue, it would not be with an eye to additional compensation, but in the hope that they might do something about the problem. If that's your goal, you could write to the executive team.