Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Property: Sofitel Nusa Dua Bali 17>19FEB2017
Room booked: Prestige Suite
Room upgraded: Prestige Suite with Plunge Pool
Rate: Advance purchase Inc. Breakfast $438pn
Free internet: Yes
Welcome drink: Two x Beer, Wine, select Cocktail or Soft drink
Early check in/late out: 1300 check-in / 1500 check-out
VIP treatment: Butler service (part of room package)
Executive Lounge: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Cocktails and canapés (+Breakfast)
Additional care: Welcome plate of Fruit and Chocolates & kids’ activity pack
General comments: We read every review (hence my request for Block E) and spent the most we have ever spent at any hotel hopeful of a plunge pool upgraded and yes, I was disappointed that this wasn't offered at checkin, however I knew it was ‘subject to availability’ and the Block E Suite was FANTASTIC and the toilet had the most buttons I have EVER seen! I honestly felt guilty after we got the upgrade that I had made myself so at home in the Block E suite and they would have to clean it again. Our original room was opulent, cold on arrival (which I love) and everything that ‘the brochure’ inferred, the gift for my son was unexpected and ecstatically received.

Let me just say, that the TripAdvisor review advising that Block B located behind Nikki Beach Bar is too noisy and should be avoided maybe a little too harsh. If you’re in the plunge pool you can defiantly hear the music (which was quite nice whilst relaxing and sipping on a beverage), but once you shut your doors it is barely audible. It appears that this review and my subsequent request may have been the cause of most of my wife’s disappointment!

Our new room was all that and more (plunge pool) which we all loved. We had extended family visit us each day and they all just lived in there and allowed me to do my own thing, now that’s a holiday. It is here that I now thank my wife for pursuing the cause.

Breakfast was busy but is run like a well-oiled machine, and as others have testified extensive, with great pork bacon ;-) and the large chunks of fruit (that others blended into juice) I preferred to eat, a nice change from than those small bruised chunks that you often get at other hotel buffets. I am kicking myself that I didn’t try the a la carte breakfast option in the club though!

I felt that our new butlers Andika and Mitha were excellent both arranged for an unexpected and very generous anniversary gift. Further Andika arranged for the flatmango to be inflated and Mitha took us all on a buggy ride around the property which my son just loved. The property is fantastic, well maintained and luxurious. We had pre-booked the kids club however did not need to use it, and the children’s pool and water slide were a hit.

My lasting memory was sitting in the near empty main bar overlooking a beautiful view drinking my two complimentary bintangs and waiting for my 1500 late checkout, the signature Sofitel tune now takes me back to my ‘Happy Place’. If you are considering a stay, go with no expectations and you will be blown away!

Last edited by Firsttime4me2; Mar 2, 2017 at 3:04 am Reason: Personal apology offered and accepted.