FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2017)
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:02 am
chaser123

Originally Posted by OliverB
I need to meet the min. spend on a new Ink Preferred biz account for the 80K UR signup bonus, which likely means that I'll be making the next two rent payments through Plastiq. I understand that there's a new biz signup promo floating around (I've already got plenty of referrals!) for 2500 FFD and I have a couple of questions:

First and for clarification, does this promo simply refer to new accounts that source biz cards for payments after signup or is there actually such a thing as Plastiq Business; ie. separate from personal acct??

Now that I've knocked out the basics my question gets a bit more complex...

I've been using Plastiq to meet the min. spend threshold on cc signup offers. I've been making rent payments on-and-off for at least 4-6 months; whenever I churn a card or open a new acct. I always pay the $84-and-change fee. (approx) but it would be nice to use the signup credit from a new acct registration; which leads to my question...

What I would like to know is whether the forum collective feels that it's relatively "safe" to register new accounts (via gmail), in order to take advantage of the FFD promos - with the caveat that I would then be sending payments to the same recurring payees across multiple accounts? (not simultaneously)

Does that seem like risky activity?

I wouldn't want my rent payments to get entangled in anything messy, have my checks delayed, nor lose the ability to use Plastiq for cc spend.

Again, I've been making use of my personal account quite frequently for the past 4-6 months.

Any thoughts?

TLDR:
Can I open a second / numerous acct(s) with Plastiq using different email addresses, or will I get in trouble cutting checks to the same payees since they'll surely recognize that identical bank accounts are linked through multiple accounts?
one data point. Over a year ago, I created an account with my wife's info. My first payment went to a payee with same info I had in my account. My wife's account was immediately suspended. I never pushed or inquired. I was happy my account was still working. I never got an expalantion. I do not know if its because of teh same payee or because I referred her, or mayby because I stupidly used the same browser session to switch.