FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade Experiences MASTER THREAD (WIKI)
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:03 am
ChicagoDave

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
My wife is platinum at Marriott / SPG, so we have options but we wanted to use the DSU. With the recent WOH talk about the experience, this isn't a good start. I can't make multiple reservations either since the rate goes up significantly. We are considering staying elsewhere because of the ridiculous restrictions for stays in both February & March. I know this wasn't the intention, but the implementation is terrible.
I wanted to report back with Hyatt going above and beyond. I called the Gold Passport desk, and the agent transferred me to a supervisor without me requesting one. I only asked how someone who re-qualified as Diamond was supposed to upgrade on stays that overlapped both the new and old programs. The supervisor said he couldn't confirm the upgrade, but could call the hotel and see if they would make an exception. I waited on hold for a few minutes before hearing that an exception had been granted, and I was confirmed for the suite. It was more difficult than it should have been, but Hyatt has continued to treat me well, and I give them credit for finding a way to honor the suite upgrade.