FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wonderful lunch at the amazing Raas Devigarh (outside Udaipur)
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:26 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Wonderful lunch at the amazing Raas Devigarh (outside Udaipur)

Introduction While staying at the Oberoi Udaivilas, my husband and I ventured with our private guide to the outskirts of Udaipur to see the Eklingji Temple. Afterward, we drove maybe 5-10 min to have lunch at the Raas Devigarh hotel. The hotel blew us away. We were so impressed, we asked for a site tour before our lunch. After a short delay, we were shown the whole of the hotel, a former noble's palace now run by Raas Hotels.The hotel:The view from the hotel garden entrance:The view from the hotel pool deck:Interesting waterworks at entrance:First gate:Second gate:Entry courtyard (this doesn't do it justice):The pool is spectacular and with amazing views (and more steps than some might like!):The jacuzzi has an incredible location and tremendous views:Those views:The restaurant (on 3rd terrace level) and the spa below (showing spa garden), just below the jacuzzi/pool decks: Inside, there was one spectacular space after another. I couldn't keep track, there were so many! Here is a sampling of the many amazing public spaces. The views onto the surrounding town were also amazing:These were the most beautiful vistas in India we saw on our entire trip. Room We only got to see one room, an unsual configuration double if ever I saw one. The rest of the rooms were occupied!You clearly need to have a travel agent who knows these rooms, or rely on the hotel staff to take photos so you get what you want!There also were garden suites on the level below and adjacent to the pool deck--these used to be the stables. These obviously will appeal to those who don't want to climb! Dining Our lunch was superb--and the restaurant here had the best selection of good wines that we found in all of India!The restaurant was also very serene and beautiful...with views to die for. Location Delwara, where the hotel is located, is one of the rare adorable villages that we saw while in India. The pastoral area surrounding the village and hotel are sublime--truly a magical place. You can see down onto the rooftops and streets of Delwara, seeing the daily life going on in the village, all while relaxing in the height of luxury. Service Service for our lunch and for our site tour were very good. It's hard to judge overall hotel service, but my guess is that it is to a pretty high standard! Overall We wouldn't hesitate: on any return to the Udaipur area, this is unquestionably the place where we would stay. The Oberoi Udaivilas is wonderful, and perhaps will be to a higher service standard...but this Raas Devigarh is about as authentic India as you can get at a luxury level in our opinions!