Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Wonderful lunch at the amazing Raas Devigarh (outside Udaipur)

Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

Raas Devigarh

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Raas Devigarh

NH8, Near Eklingji Temple, Delwara Udaipur, Rajasthan IN 313202

Wonderful lunch at the amazing Raas Devigarh (outside Udaipur) (34 Photos)

Raas Devigarh

While staying at the Oberoi Udaivilas, my husband and I ventured with our private guide to the outskirts of Udaipur to see the Eklingji Temple. Afterward, we drove maybe 5-10 min to have lunch at the Raas Devigarh hotel. 

The hotel blew us away. We were so impressed, we asked for a site tour before our lunch. After a short delay, we were shown the whole of the hotel, a former noble's palace now run by Raas Hotels.

The hotel:

16177565_10155051569044880_2744415199287

The view from the hotel garden entrance:

IMG_1944.JPG

The view from the hotel pool deck:

DSC03011.jpg

Interesting waterworks at entrance:

IMG_1945.jpg

First gate:

IMG_1947 (1).jpg

Second gate:

IMG_1948.jpg

Entry courtyard (this doesn't do it justice):

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

The pool is spectacular and with amazing views (and more steps than some might like!):

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

The jacuzzi has an incredible location and tremendous views:

IMG_1961.jpg

Those views:

IMG_1995.jpg

The restaurant (on 3rd terrace level) and the spa below (showing spa garden), just below the jacuzzi/pool decks:

1_IMG_1974.jpg

Inside, there was one spectacular space after another. I couldn't keep track, there were so many! Here is a sampling of the many amazing public spaces.

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

The views onto the surrounding town were also amazing:

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

These were the most beautiful vistas in India we saw on our entire trip.

Room

We only got to see one room, an unsual configuration double if ever I saw one. The rest of the rooms were occupied!

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

You clearly need to have a travel agent who knows these rooms, or rely on the hotel staff to take photos so you get what you want!

There also were garden suites on the level below and adjacent to the pool deck--these used to be the stables. These obviously will appeal to those who don't want to climb!

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1990.jpg

Dining

Our lunch was superb--and the restaurant here had the best selection of good wines that we found in all of India!

The restaurant was also very serene and beautiful...with views to die for.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

Delwara, where the hotel is located, is one of the rare adorable villages that we saw while in India. The pastoral area surrounding the village and hotel are sublime--truly a magical place. You can see down onto the rooftops and streets of Delwara, seeing the daily life going on in the village, all while relaxing in the height of luxury.

16177846_10155051571619880_1061556134668

Service

Service for our lunch and for our site tour were very good. It's hard to judge overall hotel service, but my guess is that it is to a pretty high standard!

Overall

We wouldn't hesitate: on any return to the Udaipur area, this is unquestionably the place where we would stay. The Oberoi Udaivilas is wonderful, and perhaps will be to a higher service standard...but this Raas Devigarh is about as authentic India as you can get at a luxury level in our opinions!

Would you like to write a review on the Raas Devigarh?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you for all of your India reviews! We are at the Devi Garh now and I have to say we are loving it. It's definitely less polished than Amanbagh and Umaid Bhawan, which we loved on previous trips, but the setting is so stunning that we are very happy. The Indian food is incredible and the wine list is good and reasonably priced. Service is good and everyone seems to be trying very hard. The views are mind blowing in all directions. The hotel is busy with a nice mixed crowd. Everyone seems to be having a good time and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Decent spa too. I would definitely come back. Weather late Feb/early March is sublime. High 80s in the daytime and warm enough to eat outside comfortably at night but no humidity.

Last edited by Londonjetsetter; Mar 1, 2017 at 3:08 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.