FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need evening transport between SJO and Playa del Coco
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:36 am
Teamstone

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Need evening transport between SJO and Playa del Coco

Arriving on Delta on the 28th at 8:55 PM and meeting my travel companion who will be in Playa Del Coco.

Since we already have a place in Coco, it makes sense to get there that night instead of getting a hotel near SJO and taking one of the shuttle buses.

It looks like there are no flights to LIB after I land and to change to LIB for my arrival is cost prohibitive.

I could not find any shuttles that have later evening runs and the thought of personally driving the 4 to 5 hours after flying all day doesn't intrigue me (plus the car rental including drop charge is about $125)

My preference is to pay by credit card but could do US $ cash. My goal would be to keep the cost under $200 if possible. Does anyone have a trusted driver I could arrange?

I know there is Uber and Lyft, anyone have any experience with them on long distance trips from SJO? I do it here in the US quite a bit.

Would consider a transit option that would get me to the LIB airport and a cab from there.

Experienced traveler so even a bit off the wall ideas are welcome. (ok I am not sticking my thumb out LOL)

Thanks for any guidance you can provide