Need evening transport between SJO and Playa del Coco

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE

Arriving on Delta on the 28th at 8:55 PM and meeting my travel companion who will be in Playa Del Coco.

Since we already have a place in Coco, it makes sense to get there that night instead of getting a hotel near SJO and taking one of the shuttle buses.

It looks like there are no flights to LIB after I land and to change to LIB for my arrival is cost prohibitive.

I could not find any shuttles that have later evening runs and the thought of personally driving the 4 to 5 hours after flying all day doesn't intrigue me (plus the car rental including drop charge is about $125)

My preference is to pay by credit card but could do US $ cash. My goal would be to keep the cost under $200 if possible. Does anyone have a trusted driver I could arrange?

I know there is Uber and Lyft, anyone have any experience with them on long distance trips from SJO? I do it here in the US quite a bit.

Would consider a transit option that would get me to the LIB airport and a cab from there.

Experienced traveler so even a bit off the wall ideas are welcome. (ok I am not sticking my thumb out LOL)

Thanks for any guidance you can provide
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton (G), Meliá (G), Radisson (G). National Car (EE), Hertz (PC), Avis (PC)
Yes, Uber in CR can offer long drives, but not all drivers are willing to do the trip, and if it's at night, even less likely. You must coordinate with the driver BEFORE the request. I know an Uber driver that works around the airport, he's very responsible, high rating on Uber (4.9), and he does long drives at night, using the Uber application of course. Let me know if you are interested...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo
Yes, Uber in CR can offer long drives, but not all drivers are willing to do the trip, and if it's at night, even less likely. You must coordinate with the driver BEFORE the request. I know an Uber driver that works around the airport, he's very responsible, high rating on Uber (4.9), and he does long drives at night, using the Uber application of course. Let me know if you are interested...
Yes, Please forward me his contact information. I would love to drop your name as well to him.

Thank you very much

Tom
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I am going to be the one that will sound like a 95 year old grandpa........but to be honest driving at night specifically on that road (did they ever fix the big mess over at cambronero/san ramon?) is no fun and its dangerous.

yes ofc every day we all do it down here.......I am just saying , I myself wouldnt do it.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks Wolfie,

and that is why I am looking for a local driver. Plus I would have flown in after a Business Class upgrade and would like to enjoy the service.

Tom

Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
I am going to be the one that will sound like a 95 year old grandpa........but to be honest driving at night specifically on that road (did they ever fix the big mess over at cambronero/san ramon?) is no fun and its dangerous.

yes ofc every day we all do it down here.......I am just saying , I myself wouldnt do it.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Even as a passenger, with someone else doing the driving, that's a long slog to do after arriving at night. If it were me, I'd get a hotel near the airport, get a good night's sleep, and start out the next morning.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:46 am
Original Poster

SJOGuy,

Thank you for the advice. Oh I get it and seriously considered that. A four hour car ride will be no picnic after traveling by air approximately 9 hours.

However, my traveling companion is waiting for me in Coco and I am looking forward to seeing her. She has been in CR for 2 weeks now and is loving it!

I have found a driver and will let everyone know how it goes.

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
Even as a passenger, with someone else doing the driving, that's a long slog to do after arriving at night. If it were me, I'd get a hotel near the airport, get a good night's sleep, and start out the next morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.