FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Hangzhou, China REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:05 pm
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just done a two night stay and tried both restaurants and the level 37 bar.

1. I always hated when hotel doesn't have their lobby at ground floor. You always need at least two lifts before you can get out and you could easily get lost.
2. The parking lot is shared with miXc shopping complex, making it very hard to remember where I was parked. Need several entrance before I can locate the lift in the car park so I can park close.
3. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at forty8, the section near the kitchen is very noisy. Good if you want to eat a lot for breakfast and lunch as you are very close to all the food. The A section is way better for dinner, very quite. The food are of very very good quality.
4. I had dinner at 37, food were great. I also had few drinks at the lobby bar, cocktail was chinese style (bartenders in Chinese tend to mix with little bit less alcohol so it will taste easier for ladies and people can drink more). Switch to bubbles and the choice were very limited, actually not champagne at all, only very basic sparking wine. Overall drink choice was very limited.
5. Room was upgrade to a river view room, toilet is very automatic, seat cover opens and close itself, toilet door also close itself and you can't open from outside, not sure if everything would be working properly after few years.
6. TV is very big, some where between 55 - 60 inch.

And I had one big problem:
My room was cleaned for next guest when I arrived back at 2:30pm on the day of check out. They knew I would be checking out at 4pm and all of my personal belonging been cleared out of the room. I only had one bag and I took it with me, so it was all small personal items together with few notes and couple of voucher. The second I entered the room was very horrified as everything's gone and the room was as fresh as it could be...Got most of my things back at check out after their 15 minute search for my belongings. Written to Hyatt already and still waiting for reply. Any one of you guys had similar situation?