Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Hangzhou, China REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors

Any info on this property? According to the website it is accepting bookings from March 1, 2017 but all dates are erroring out for me.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it seems to be open and bookable (unless its another glitch by hyatt website) - does anyone have any info? how does it compare to HR?

no reviews anywhere - very bizzarre

edit: according to facebook it opened on oct 1... some pretty pics there
booked a stay for november with dsu (very reasonable rates) - hope i can make it

Last edited by azepine00; Oct 6, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:13 am

I will be checking in tomorrow for a two-night stay.

Will report back with findings.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:19 pm

Two Night Stay at Park Hyatt Hangzhou, 19-21 Oct 2016

Currently in the middle of a two-night stay. Very nice hotel in both hardware (of course, the hotel is new) and people (good service; English-speaking ability, for the most part, is above-average).

Arrived Hangzhou East Train Station from Shanghai at 16:00. Took almost 30 minutes lining up for a taxi. The actual taxi ride, about 6.5km took 20 min. The hotel is part of the new Hangzhou CBD in the QianJiang Road area. Next to the hotel is the miXc shopping complex.

In hindsight, I probably should have taken the metro from Hangzhou East Train Station. The hotel is only a few stops away on Line #4. More about that later.

The entrance to the hotel is like "Park Hyatt Shanghai" style. Go through several sliding wood doors and turn a few corners at the same time, to get to the lift lobby. The Reception is on the 37th Floor, as is the Dining Room and Living Room. The restaurant on the 48th Floor (called Forty8) is not open yet. Only the fitness centre is open (24 hours), but not the pool.

The hotel soft opened on 28.Sep.

Pictures to follow in a few days.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update!
Do you know by any chance know how it compares to HR and perhaps other options in the city?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:20 am

Photos of lift lobby and also of corridors on 42nd floor. I book the basic Park King room, but was upgraded to a Deluxe Riverview room. It is a corner room.
Attached Images    
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:23 am

Deluxe Riverview King
Attached Images      
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:26 am

Deluxe Riverview King room
Attached Images      
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:30 am

Deluxe Riverview King bathroom
Attached Images      
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:34 am

The Park Hyatt Hangzhou is accessible by Hangzhou Metro. The hotel is located as part of the miXc complex at QianJiang Road Station on Line #4.

Arriving at the Station, head out via Exit D2.

You will see the entrance to miXc. Just keep walking until you see the sign "Hotel". The elevator will take you from B1 to G/F.
Attached Images     
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
Thanks for the update!
Do you know by any chance know how it compares to HR and perhaps other options in the city?
The hotel has nothing around it except the miXc complex, and some offices. It is the new CBD area, and nothing touristy at all. If you are planning to be in Hangzhou on holiday, the better choice is probably Hyatt Regency Hangzhou along West Lake, or any of the other hotels in that area.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yay acca kappa white moss! Havent seen it anywhere since conrad hk stopped using it 2-3 yrs ago. New packaging too...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
The hotel has nothing around it except the miXc complex, and some offices. It is the new CBD area, and nothing touristy at all. If you are planning to be in Hangzhou on holiday, the better choice is probably Hyatt Regency Hangzhou along West Lake, or any of the other hotels in that area.
Thanks for this info. It comes in very handy in planning a possible visit next month. We'll probably go with the Hyatt Regency, as you suggest.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:31 pm

At the PH Hangzhou now .
Service is very good for a newly opened place - friendly , intuitive , concerned .
" it's a cold and wet day today , did you bring anything warm ....? "

Problem for me is the hardware - to be precise the lack of it .
Good quality everything - I think - but there's no where comfortable to sit / lounge .
The office like set up with the throne chair is a pity .
No " charm" about the room .
I was downgraded to a standard room and because I got in very early I took it .
My TV is set inside the wall with some decorative display shelving and this rendered the entire space between the bed and TV unusable.

Especially like the height of room and the finishings and also the bathroom with the ceramic stool in the shower .

The public areas and restaurants look promising - not ventured properly but appears to be intimate and cosy .

But in terms of comfort and layout and usability , PH Guangzhou is miles ahead .
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just done a two night stay and tried both restaurants and the level 37 bar.

1. I always hated when hotel doesn't have their lobby at ground floor. You always need at least two lifts before you can get out and you could easily get lost.
2. The parking lot is shared with miXc shopping complex, making it very hard to remember where I was parked. Need several entrance before I can locate the lift in the car park so I can park close.
3. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at forty8, the section near the kitchen is very noisy. Good if you want to eat a lot for breakfast and lunch as you are very close to all the food. The A section is way better for dinner, very quite. The food are of very very good quality.
4. I had dinner at 37, food were great. I also had few drinks at the lobby bar, cocktail was chinese style (bartenders in Chinese tend to mix with little bit less alcohol so it will taste easier for ladies and people can drink more). Switch to bubbles and the choice were very limited, actually not champagne at all, only very basic sparking wine. Overall drink choice was very limited.
5. Room was upgrade to a river view room, toilet is very automatic, seat cover opens and close itself, toilet door also close itself and you can't open from outside, not sure if everything would be working properly after few years.
6. TV is very big, some where between 55 - 60 inch.

And I had one big problem:
My room was cleaned for next guest when I arrived back at 2:30pm on the day of check out. They knew I would be checking out at 4pm and all of my personal belonging been cleared out of the room. I only had one bag and I took it with me, so it was all small personal items together with few notes and couple of voucher. The second I entered the room was very horrified as everything's gone and the room was as fresh as it could be...Got most of my things back at check out after their 15 minute search for my belongings. Written to Hyatt already and still waiting for reply. Any one of you guys had similar situation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.