FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:35 am
User Name

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by demue
varying reservations agents, varying results. The one that responded didn't get what you were asking obviously. Ask more direct. You want to book Club duplex as Amb and what upgrade you can expect. They will likely say Balinese suite (though they seem to have vanished from inventory, maybe renovation). You can add asking what option will be offered to Amb if Balinese Suite not available for upgrade. Be explicit, their English is not bad, but they struggle at times.

Likely they will say that Club room rate will be charged and Club Duplex given. They may put yoy into an Uluwatu suite, but that's totally up to the and will you need pick and / or a favorable decision by a higher manager.
Thanks. I wrote back to clarify the "difference" between the two rom types. They basically don't understand what "King Club Intercontinental Duplex" means. They sent me a nice reply with pictures and full descriptions pasted inline, but they still think I'm trying to book a Club room that isn't a Duplex.

I did, however, go on to ask which type of room would upgrade into a Balinese Suite, and they responded that
In regard the upgrade to Balinese Suite, we would like to inform you as new term & condition for Ambassador member, Balinese Suite is no longer part of room upgrade scheme.
The highest room upgrade scheme currently available in Club Duplex Suite Room
which is contrary to what I've read on this forum and also to the exclusions list on IHG's website.

The Duplex rate is US$38 per night higher than the regular Club room on the dates I'm staying. Over 5 nights that would equate to $190 in value for a membership costing $200 that I'm unlikely to use again during the year. It would appear that I am marginally better off booking the Duplex and not joining the Ambassador programme, assuming the mystery of the Balinese Suites is never cleared up.