FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:53 am
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by 2lovelife

Royal Orchid Sheraton I stayed here a LOT last year. It's as good as ever.... BUT ONLY FOR PLATINUMs. They are right on the river and have 2 swimming pools. Tops has opened up in River City for those that shop for food and need more than 7-11.

Great Lounge, Awesome views. The breakfast downstairs, has gone to crap... but Plats are still currently restricted from having breakfast in the restaurant anyway (a legacy of the previous GM).

I could easily stay a few months here. But, one must be strategic on how to get around town at certain times. If you must spend every night in Sukhumvit, then it's a little out of the way and the MRT is mandatory (800m away).
Still a big problem is the Taxi Mafia, that now currently cross the road onto the hotel property and approach and bother people coming and going. The minute you walk out of the door, they harass you.

Probably the best upgrade chance in the city. ROS is a winner, even after all these years.
Currently offering $87++ per night for certain dates: http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/search/thailand