FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive orders banning entry to US ... [merged threads]
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:35 pm
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Section 107
Yes. That was true in the days before the republic and at some times since then (and shamefully curtailed at many critical times since the founding), but now they are guiding principles and aims but do not create a right to entry/immigration. Very few countries, Israel for example, grant an almost unfettered right to immigration for specific groups of persons.
I never said there was any universal right to entry/immigration. We have procedures for entry. People (including those from the 7 named countries) have been following those procedures. We're talking about people who are following the rules here, not those sneaking across the border.

The DJ has been asked by the relevant courts to document security concerns associated with the current rules and vetting process. The DOJ has been asked to provide some evidence for why the well established procedures were suddenly not good. The courts wanted to use the evidence to address the EO issues before them. Despite numerous opportunities and numerous requests, the DOJ has chosen not to provide ANY evidence. As the DOJ and those in the White House have discovered, "Because I say so!" does not make for a winning argument in court.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Feb 15, 2017 at 3:12 pm