FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Connection Question
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:14 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luftaom
I'm considering booking a 65 minute connection LHR-MAN (BA1386) arriving at 1115 and then getting on MAN-ORD (AA55) leaving at 1220 on a Monday in mid July. Both flights seem to use Terminal 3. This will be all on one ticket so my bags will go through. Travelling on an Australian passport with an ESTA.

I will be able to get a seat in the first few rows of economy on the BA domestic (so that will save a few minutes) and if there is a premium security lane my status will probably get me in that.
In theory you don't need to go through security again coming off the LHR-MAN flight, since it is a domestic flight. You should just be able to go straight into the departure lounge after a quick boarding pass scan. AA & BA use the same terminal.

This is stated in the airport guidance: http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/a...ort-transfers/

That said, I rarely fly into Manchester but I was never able to spot the domestic->international route when I did so. Looked like all domestic passengers just had to go into bag reclaim. Can anyone confirm I was being shortsighted?