FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR J menus 2017
Thread: QR J menus 2017
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:25 pm
remdk

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I have to say that, of all the airlines I frequent commonly, I find QR to have the most limited range of options rotating across its J class menus. There are some dishes I've had at least 6 times in a single month (the Arabic spiced chicken with machboos sauce springs immediately to mind!)

I've noticed that this is particularly a problem if you take a lot of QR flights in a month on similar routings between EU-DOH and DOH-Asia. When my flights are spread out over a number of months, the choices do differ, but they are often only slightly altered permutations on previous dishes. So the flavours are pretty similar.

Fortunately, I find the food broadly excellent (especially the middle eastern options) so I'm not all that concerned by the repetition - but it is something I always notice.
crazyanglaisy QR have introduced common menus for flights to and from a number of destinations. These region or Area menus as I prefer to call them are common for a number of destinations.

For example the DOH-AUS menus are common for all flights from DOH to Australia. AUS-DOH from Australia to DOH.

in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...rea-menus.html thread I have identified three such areas AUS, EUR and CHN. There are many more.

For the less frequent flier this makes sense because they can identify their meals easily. For a frequent flier as yourself it is not so good because of the repeat menus.

Menus are changed frequently as you have experienced.